This afternoon I was feeling a bit sluggish and not feeling very bright. When I feel like this I know I can count on my juicer for a quick pick me up.
Today my green juice was
4-5 cups spinach
2 inch piece of ginger
Here is a sneak peak into what a Holistic Nutritionist eats in a week. New daily blog posts coming soon.
Instant stress buster Sundays – Herbs are wonderful allies during stressful times. Chamomile and Catnip are relaxing and mildly sedative.
Chamomile and Catnip Tea
1 cup of boiling water
1 teaspoon dried Chamomile
1 teaspoon dried Catnip
Pour boiling water over the herbs, cover and let steep for 10 minutes and strain. You can sweeten it with honey and lemon. Drink daily when feeling stress or anxiety.
Life can become stressful at times and one of the most common manifestations of stress is insomnia.
I am one of those people who that suffers from insomnia when life gets a little too stressful. I spend hours staring at my ceiling or waking several times a night.
Getting enough sleep is extremely important , especially at those times in life when you are dealing with higher amounts of stress.
While we sleep growth and repair hormones are released regenerating skin cells, it refreshes and builds up new energy. It soothes our mind and best of all relieves anxiety and stress.
While we dream we clear out our mental baggage. So when life gets a little too stressful make sleep a number one priority.
Here are a few things that I always find helpful:
1. Purchase a guided sleep meditation. I never seem to make it to the end of them, make sure that you hear a sample before hand and that the person has a soothing voice not a recorded robot.
2. I use a natural lavender spray on my bed sheets before I get into bed. Lavender is known to slow the heart rate,lower blood pressure and put you in a relaxed state.
3. Chamomile Tea this is great for anxiety and helping you sleep. In the summer I am a big jug of cold Chamomile Tea and keep it in the fridge for night instead of drinking hot tea.
4. Write out your days stress in a journal. Get your self a notebook and be picky get a pen that is nice to write with.
5. Most importantly if you are not eating properly clean up your diet. Eat whole natural foods, lots of fruits and vegetables. Eliminate coffee and alcohol and drink lots of fresh filtered water.
Instant stress buster Sundays – Dance , turn up your favourite music and just DANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Instant stress buster Sundays – Take the day off. Do nothing but relax and the things that bring you joy and happiness make sure you feel refreshed by the end of the day……ITS ALL ABOUT YOU BABE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Instant stress buster Sundays – Deep breathing. Would you like lessons in deep breathing ? www.charmed-life.ca
Instant stress buster Sundays – Ask for help. Don’t be afraid to ask , you would be surprised how happy others are to help. Make a list of family and friends you can call and keep it on the fridge. Be sure to always offer your help as well. Support systems are very important.
I have been getting a lot of questions lately on what my daily habits are and what I eat everyday. So I have decided that I am going to start blogging a daily journal to share my daily life with you.
Stay tuned to get a look into my daily life and see what is so Charming about me and my life.
Instant stress buster Sundays – Think ahead. Plan early to reduce stress. Make a list of the things that need to get done. Slowly work on them instead of trying to get them done at the last minute. Having issues organizing www.charmed-life.ca